A HERITAGE CRAFTED BRONZE SCULPTURE
WILL LAST PRACTICALLY FOREVER WITH LITTLE MAINTENANCE
care for Bronze Sculptures
It is important to know, however, that because of its high copper content, bronze will naturally oxidize and the patina colors will change over time.
Natural oils from your hands, sunlight, pollution, moisture, and even time itself will cause changes in the color of the bronze.
You can protect your sculpture from these problems to a certain extent by this simple program of regular maintenance…
SIMPLE CARE STARTS WITH DUSTING
- Dust the pieces monthly with a dry cloth.
- Every 3 months wax the pieces with Johnson’s Paste Wax or a comparable carnauba wax.
- First clean the piece with a little solvent like naphtha, or if you’re afraid of disturbing a very complex patina, clean with a little soapy water on a cloth.
- Never over-wet the sculpture.
- After allowing time for any moisture to dry, apply a small amount of wax using a stippling motion with a round pastry brush, wait 15 minutes and buff with a soft dry cloth.
Did something happen to your Bronze?
FILL OUT THE FORM AND WE'LL SHOOT BACK AN ESTIMATE
We can fix and renew it.
Download the 10 page workbook. Get instant access
Collaborate with our patina artists to get it just right.